Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives!
Emergency Planning Society Award 2015
Members’ of the Wiltshire and Swindon Local Resilience Forum (pictured) with the Emergency Planning Society’s (EPS) Regional Award for 2015.
This award was presented by the Society to the EPS South Western Branch at their annual dinner in September 2015 for the region which in their view has significantly contributed to the Society by taking a forward thinking and innovative approach to the engagement with local members.
The judges particularly looked for:
- A proven commitment to the Emergency Planning Society;
- An innovative approach to the delivery of local events for members;
- A consistent and regular communication strategy which keeps local members informed;
- Developing links between the Emergency Planning Society (and its members) with the wider professional community on a local basis;
- Advocacy on behalf of the branch members and their interests.
The Emergency Planning Society is a progressive, wholly independent, non-party political body working within the UK and Ireland in a global context.
The Society draws upon the expertise of its multidisciplinary membership to provide independent, expert advice to key decision making bodies including Government and Parliament.
At an individual level the Society provides a knowledge source for the emergency planning profession, and with over 1,500 members, it provides a discussion forum for issues of national and international importance for key decision-influencing personnel from both the public and private sector.
Since its creation in 1993 the Emergency Planning Society has become a driving force in the world of resilience.