Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives!

Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives!

Posted under "Fire Safety"

 Smoke alarms save lives Make sure yours work

Smoke alarms save lives Make sure yours work

Posted by LRF Manager Pinned

As part of the Fire Kills campaign, Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service is asking people to test their smoke alarms regularly and make testing them part of their regular household routine. Why not circle the first of every month on your calendar and tick it off when you have tested your alarms?

Read More



Garden safety reminder

Garden safety reminder

Posted by LRF Manager

Spring is almost here which means lighter evenings and warmer weather are on their way, so it’s likely that many will want to start getting out in the garden and perhaps burning garden waste.

Read More






Safe and well

Safe and well

Posted by LRF Manager

A Safe and Well visit is a totally free service offered by Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service. During a Safe and Well visit, a specially trained advisorcomes to your home, at a time convenient to you, to see what can be done to make you safer.

Read More


Make a new year’s resolution: test your smoke alarms every month!

Make a new year’s resolution: test your smoke alarms every month!

Posted by LRF Manager

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service (DWFRS) is asking people to make monthly testing of their smoke alarms one of their New Year’s resolutions. Why not circle the first of every month on your new calendar and tick it off when you have tested your alarms?

Many people see January as an opportunity for a fresh start, and safety should be top of the list. So DWFRS is encouraging everyone to make sure they have enough smoke alarms in their home and that they work. It only takes a few seconds and can save lives.

Read More


Inquest highlights importance of working smoke alarms

Inquest highlights importance of working smoke alarms

Posted by LRF Manager

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service is reiterating the importance of working smoke alarms, after an inquest was told how two people died following a fire in Swindon last year.

At the inquest held in Salisbury yesterday (15 May), Wiltshire & Swindon Assistant Coroner Nicholas Rheinberg found that Sharon Soares-Alvares and Blaise Alvares died accidentally as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, after a fire broke out in their home in Manchester Road, Swindon on 6 November 2016.

Read More